Finance and Operations Manager
Reports to: Head of Finance and Operations
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 (includes London weighting)
Working pattern: Full time, remote and flexible working available
Holiday: 25 days including Bank holidays
Place of Work: Remote working with some travel required for in person meetings
Job requirements: An enhanced DBS check, obtained through UpRising
Please note: We are scheduling interviews as the applications come in. So apply
We have an exciting opportunity for Finance and Operations Manager to join a small
team. This is a new role and it will report to the Head of Finance and on occasion
deputise. You will have the responsibility for the management of financial and
operations of the organisation. The post-holder will need to be comfortable with
project management and co-ordination role across the organisation and will
oversee the day-to-day operations of finance, systems and IT, and HR queries.
We’re therefore looking for someone to join UpRising who is a natural people-
focused problem solver, with good financial acumen and a track-record of
successfully managing projects with a wide-range of stakeholders. The successful
candidate will be able to balance the rigour and attention to detail needed to lead our
finance function with the big-picture skills necessary to work with members of the
Senior Leadership Team.
Our Mission is to… open up the pathways to leadership for talented young adults
from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds and to equip them with the
knowledge, networks, skills and confidence to fulfil their leadership potential, find
new opportunities and transform the world around them through social action.
Our Vision is for… public leaders to better reflect and represent the communities
they serve; with the motivation and character to bring about a substantial shift in
power, enabling more people to take charge of their future and positively change
Relevant, recent experience of working in:
- You understand SORP accounting rules and have applied them
- Have a track-record of financial management experience in the not for profit sector
- You are able to reconcile up to trail balance
- Year end experience and working with Auditors
- You have experience developing management accounts and talking them through with budget holders. You are highly numerate and have an analytic approach to your work.
- You are able to use excel to a high level, using pivot table function and complex coding to manipulate financial data for end users ease
- Working with Trusts/Foundation and creating finance reports based on their needs
HR and other
- Working with payroll and payroll agents
- Advised/completed recruitment and induction process for staff
- Implemented learning and development objectives
- Able to manage and coordinate external consultant contracts
- Understand supplier contracts, how to source and negotiate contractual terms
- Conducting IT projects from beginning to end with little support
- Understand GDPR processes and implement
- Able to conduct health and safety checks, reports and assessments
You are part qualified, fully qualified accountant or have experience to this level
How to Apply
Deadline to apply: Sunday 31 st October 2021
Please apply as soon as you can: we will interview candidates as appropriate
applications are received. If we find the right candidate, we will close applications
process early. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org stating how you meet the
requirements for this post.
Please send a completed application form (attached here) and up to date CV (include contact details of
two references in CV). You can also find a more detailed job description attached here.
There is an opportunity to have an informal conversation with Chanade Bandaranayke
(Head of Finance & Operations) email@example.com to gain better
understanding of the organisation and role.
Please note that to keep our recruitment process open and fair, we will not negotiate
salaries outside the advertised range. Position remains open until filled.