UpRising is looking for a Programme Support Officer to join our team!
Reports to: Senior Programmes Development Officer
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week*
Contract: Six-month contract (confirmed till March 2023 and then dependent on
Working pattern: Full-time, remote and flexible working available
Holiday: 25 days including Bank Holidays
Place of Work: Remote working with some travel required for in-person meetings
Job requirements: A enhanced DBS check, obtained through UpRising
*We are ideally looking for 1 x full-time person to fulfil this role but would be open to hearing from candidates interested in a part-time role (minimum of 3 days/week or equivalent hours). Salary and working patterns would be adjusted accordingly.
Please find the full Job Pack here. All submissions should be made using the application form, here.
The UpRising application and interview process
Our recruitment process aims to see candidates at their best. That’s why we set out the process from the beginning. We will ask you to show your skills, not just talk about them—through examples of your work or an exercise.
The process will be straightforward:
- We will ask you to submit two documents via our electronic form: your CV (2 pages max); and a supporting statement (of no more than 2 pages) which sets out clearly how your skills and experience match the items listed in the person specification for the role.
- You must submit these documents and complete the form by 9am on Monday 8th August.
- We will score candidates on the basis of how they have shown us their experience and skills match the person specification we have set out and on that basis invite candidates for an interview.
- The interviews will take place via Zoom the week commencing Monday 15th August.
- We will ask you to complete one task in advance of the interview. Full guidance will be provided if you successfully progress to the interview stage.
- On the interview day you will have 10 minutes to present your pre-prepared task activity followed by a 40-minute interview with the Head of Programmes and members of the team.
- We expect to make our decision on the successful candidate shortly afterward and we will let both successful and unsuccessful interviewees know at the beginning of the following week at the latest.
There is an opportunity to have an informal conversation with Rukaiya Jeraj (Head of Programmes) before applying for the role. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to gain a better understanding of the organisation and role.
Please note that to keep our recruitment process open and fair, we will not negotiate salaries outside the advertised range. The position remains open until filled. We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.