UpRising is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
UpRising may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/05/2018.
UpRising has a Data Protection Officer who is contactable via email at [email protected] or by post at Unit 2.E.03, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and address
- Demographic information relating for applications to our programmes
- Other information relevant to monitoring and evaluation with your permission
- Payment card information – when making a donation or buying event tickets
- We may take photographic images of sessions or events
What we do with the information we gather
UpRising uses the personal information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how you use UpRising services and our website, and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
We will only use your information for:
- Internal record keeping
- To send communications about UpRising news and events or other relevant information we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may make use of photographic images in publications and on the website. However, UpRising will not publish photographs of individuals with their names on the website without their express agreement.
- From time to time, we may use your anonymised information for evidence and research purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your information to send for campaigning and fundraising purposes, however, we will not do this without having asked for your express permission.
We have assessed the lawful basis for processing data and concluded that processing is carried out in the course of UpRising’s legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards or condition that processing relates to employees, beneficiaries and stakeholders (and former thereof).
If you are/have been involved in our programmes…
We will also periodically use your information to send surveys and feedback after programmes, to ensure our stakeholder and alumni records are up-to-date. UpRising gives a clear opportunity to opt out of processing for secondary purposes (such as publicity) where this would not jeopardise delivery of the service.
If you are donating…
UpRising is committed to good practice in the handling of personal data and careful compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we use a password protected CRM system to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All staff and volunteers who may handle personal data are given induction appropriate to their role and training in the systems and policies of UpRising, including periodic refresher training and reminders.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can always choose your preferences on the collection of data in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or in direct marketing communications, look for the box you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected], marked: FAO Data Protection Officer.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us
- We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of information technology, cloud based software as a service providers, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
- Auditors and other professional advisers
Our retention period for personal data is indefinite, except in the case of beneficiaries’ special category data which we hold for only a limited period of time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Protection Officer, Unit 2.E.03, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The GDPR provides a number of rights for individuals, including the right to be informed, rights of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, rights to data portability, right to object and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Donation Refund Policy
If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to UpRising, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to work with you to correct any error, and if necessary, make any refund or correction that is appropriate.
Please ensure that you contact us within 14 calendar days of the date on which you made the donation. Refunds will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the original donation.
Event Ticket Refund Policy
The policy on refunds for UpRising events tickets varies according to the event. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to [email protected] We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO”) (the UK data protection regulator). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.